Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sentimental Moment or Why Did the Baguette Cross the Road? - Robert Hershon

Don't fill up on bread
I say absent-mindedly
The servings here are huge

My son, whose hair may be
receding a bit, says
Did you really just
say that to me?

What he doesn't know
is that when we're walking
together, when we get
to the curb
I sometimes start to reach
for his hand

==============================================
Robert Hershon (?) appears to want to be a bit cagey about his birthdate. There are only the most general biographical statements about him in the places that I have searched. For example:

Robert Hershon was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York. He is the author of eleven books of poetry, of which The German Lunatic is the most recent. Among his awards are two creative writing fellowships from the National Endowment for the Arts. He also serves as co-editor of Hanging Loose Press.

1 comment: